PAN card serves as an identity card along with tracking the financial history. That’s why it is very important that the details given in it are correct.
The Income Tax Department issues a Permanent Account Number (PAN Card) to every citizen. It is an alphanumeric code that compiles the financial history of a person and is required in a wide range of operations including banking transactions, purchase of property. PAN card can also be used as an identity proof. That is why it is very important to have the correct details in the PAN card. Photograph and signature are very important in PAN.
It is required for verification at the time of availing any financial service like loan, credit card, investment etc. Therefore it is important that the photo and signature on your PAN card are correct or get them updated well in time so that there is no problem. in future. The offline or online process can be followed to change photo and signature in PAN card.
Procedure to Update Photo and Signature in PAN Card Online
- To update photo and signature in PAN card, one has to first visit the website of NSDL https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html.
- Now select the Change or Correction option in existing PAN data from the Application Type option.
- Choose the Personal option from the Category menu.
- Now enter applicant information and click on submit
- Thereafter note down the token number displayed on the screen and continue with the PAN application.
- Now choose the method to do KYC and enter Aadhaar, EID and other details.
- After this, enter the details of father or mother by ticking on photo mismatch and signature mismatch.
- After that click on Next for PAN Card Signature Change or Photo Update.
- Enter your personal details like address, contact details etc in the address and contact section.
- Attach the copy of Aadhaar and PAN for ID proof, address proof and date of birth proof.
- Tick the declaration in the section and click on submit to submit your details.
- Upload the scanned copy of document proof for verification.
- Now review the entire form and click on submit to submit the details or you can click on edit to update the details.
- Now you have to pay a fee of Rs 110 (including GST).
- After that save the application and keep its printout with you.
- Now send the printout to NSDL at ‘Income Tax PAN Services Unit (Managed by NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited)’, 5th Floor Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk Pune- Send to the address 411 016.
- Do not forget to attach the required documents with the form.
- You will get a 15 digit acknowledgment number which can be used to track the application status.