Turkish website: What future awaits Kosovo as the crisis intensifies?


male article It was published by the Turkish “Fiktururu” website that with the continuation of the policy of “continuous tension” supported by external parties in Kosovo, the crisis is intensifying, to the point that it has become a source of serious concern in the region.

The Turkish analyst, Sinan Baykent, added in his article that one of the features of the crisis is that there is pressure towards the establishment of a “Union of Serbian Municipalities” that would give the Serbs living in northern Kosovo sovereignty that goes beyond autonomy and approaches “semi-independence.” On the other hand, the Prime Minister of Kosovo, Albin Kurti, rejected this structure, which he considered “unconstitutional”.

The writer said that the transition of the Turkish armed forces to work within the North Atlantic Treaty Organization “NATO” in Kosovo aims to work to put an end to the “escalation of tension”, which began to appear in a clear form.

Game rules

He stated that the intervention of Albanian Prime Minister Edi Rama turned the issue of the Union of Serb Municipalities in Kosovo into an existential issue, as he submitted a draft for the establishment of the Union of Serb Municipalities to the Quartet (United States, Germany, France, and the European Union), without consulting the Kosovo leadership.

The writer emphasized that this step “changes the rules of the game”; As it is an “interference” that directly affects the fate of all of Kosovo, especially the fate of the Albanians within it, wondering: What is the expected future of Kosovo? What are the obstacles facing the “statehood” process in Kosovo in terms of form and content today?

The report stressed that the Republic of Kosovo is an independent and sovereign state in accordance with international law, and stated that in 2008 it had built all its institutions on respect for “ethnic pluralism”.

Today, Albanians make up about 93% of its population, with the remaining 7% divided among diverse ethnic groups including Serbs and other minorities (Bosniaks, Turks, Gypsies, and Ghorals).

vicious circle

According to the constitution, Kosovo cannot claim territory from other countries nor join another country, and the character of “ethnic pluralism” has been emphasized as the basis of the state’s identity.

The writer considered the conflict a natural thing because the Serbs consider Kosovo “the historical cradle of Serbia,” while the Albanians assert that it is considered part of the geographical basin that nurtured the Albanian identity, in light of many archaeological discoveries, information, historical documents, and scientific research.

The report added that this “vicious circle” can be broken at the theoretical level only under one condition, which is the creation of an original “Kosovo national identity”.

hard days

The writer believes that difficult days await Kosovo in general, and Albin Kurti in particular. The international pressure that has been formed is very strong, and this time Albania also came out of the shadows.

He said that it is wrong to interpret the opposition directed by Kurti to the “Union of Serbian Municipalities” as an “ideological constant” only, but that strategic natural resources, such as mines, lakes, etc., must be taken into account in the areas that are expected to be Within the scope of the Federation of Serbian Municipalities.

On the other hand, there are also those who declare that activating the “Union of Serbian Municipalities” is the only tool that will fix the defects in the “political experience” in the region in the long term.


Source link

Turkish website: What future awaits Kosovo as the crisis intensifies?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to top